Tuesday, May 10th, 2016

What is ‘direct recovery of debts’?

One response to “‘direct recovery of debts’”

  1. ciara.mccauley@alanmoore.ie says:

    If you live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) can take the money you owe directly from your bank or building society account. This is called ‘direct recovery of debts’. HMRC will only do this if you:
    have repeatedly refused to pay what you owe,
    have received a face-to-face visit from them to discuss your debt,
    would have at least £5,000 in your account after they’ve taken the debt.